We understand that the decision to have joint replacement surgery comes only after much consideration and planning. Likewise, our preparations have been extensive. The board-certified orthopedic surgeons on staff at Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South have many years of training and experience. Our nurses and therapists have a strong background in joint replacement surgeries. Even your hospital room has been designed with you in mind, with special equipment to assist you in your recovery.
Each year, over 500,000 people in the U.S. undergo total joint replacement surgery. Typically, candidates for this surgery are individuals with chronic joint pain from arthritis that severely diminishes their ability to perform normal daily activities. This often leads to a loss of independence and low self esteem. A replacement joint can make a big difference in your ability to return to work or other activities that you enjoy.
The Orthopedic Bone & Joint Center at Texas Health Huguley
Texas Health Huguley has partnered with the orthopedic surgeons on our medical staff to offer patients the finest orthopedic care with state-of-the-art procedures and technologies. Our Orthopedic Bone & Joint Center at Texas Health Huguley features:
- A dedicated team of physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and therapists who specialize in the care of joint replacement patients
- Private rooms dedicated to joint replacement patients
- Integrated pain control coordinated with surgeon, anesthesiologist and nurses
- Updated therapy gym
- Emphasis on customized individual care
- Coordinated after-care program
Learn what to expect
Preparation, education and a pre-planned discharge are essential for the best results in joint surgery. Patients who are well informed typically have higher satisfaction and a better outcome from joint replacement surgery. We provide:
- Free comprehensive patient education class prior to surgery to teach you exactly what to expect during surgery, recovery and rehabilitation
- Education to family and friends who participate as assistants in the recovery process
- A comprehensive guidebook for you to follow from before surgery until three months after surgery and beyond
|To register for our joint replacement class, call Texas Health Huguley STAR scheduling at 817-551-2787.
To learn more about the Orthopedic Bone & Joint Center at Texas Health Huguley from one of our orthopedic physicians, call 817-568-5599.