Download Hospital Quick Guide
To facilitate a safe and secure environment for patients, all visitors are asked to observe the following regulations:
- General visiting hours are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
- Special visitor restrictions exist for specialty areas such as Cardio Vascular ICU (CVICU), Medical ICU (MICU), Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Women’s Services, Surgical areas, and Emergency Department.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult and should not be left unattended without adult supervision. Children under 12 are not permitted on the Pediatric Unit except at discretion of nurse and physician.
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in either ICU.
- Clergy may visit patients any hour at patient’s request.
- Smoking is not permitted in the hospital.
- Visitors may be asked to leave while hospital personnel are performing a medical or other hospital procedure.
- Visitors in Isolation Rooms must be instructed on isolation procedures prior to entering an isolation area.
- Persons with signs of illness, or exposure to an infectious or communicable disease are encouraged not to visit hospitalized patients. Family and friends may be a source of infection for patients.
- Visitors should not touch lines/drains/tubes, open wounds/sores, or dressings utilized on or by the patient.
- Visitors should not bring food or beverages to patients without permission from the Physician or Patient Care Provider.
- Any other arrangements are to be approved by Nursing Administration. Non-adult children may not spend the night with a patient.
- Visitors and patients are asked to speak quietly and to avoid unnecessary noise, so as not to disturb other patients.
- Modest dress, shoes and shirts are to be worn while in the hospital.
- Visiting privileges may be modified at the discretion of the nurse based on patient’s needs.