Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a supervised program that includes exercise, education and emotional support for patients who have had a heart attack, bypass surgery, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructed Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and any other heart or lung problems.
At Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South, we strive to foster lifestyle changes that help patients regain and maintain the best possible physical and emotional health.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is an outpatient program lasting up to 12 weeks that consists of monitored exercise sessions and risk factor modification. The goals of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation include:
- Recognition and response to symptoms
- Understanding and compliance with treatment plan
- Improving exercise tolerance with increase strength and endurance
- Emotional support and adjustment to disease
- Developing an education foundation for lifestyle modification and risk factor reduction
- A quicker and more complete recovery
- A lessened chance of disease flare up
For more information on class availability, contact the Cardiac Pulmonary Rehabilitation department at 817-551-2681