Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, Texas Health Huguley Hospital is prepared to keep our community safe. You can feel secure when you visit the Texas Health Huguley emergency department because we have extra safety measures and protocols in place to keep you and your loved ones safe. Emergency Medical Director Steve Hamilton, M.D., FACEP, FAAFP, shared 10 things we're doing to keep your safety our priority.
- Our care teams wear protective equipment, including masks, goggles, gloves and gowns.
- Hospital employees have their temperature checked before entering the building.
- The emergency department has processes in place to separate patients who have infectious symptoms from other ER patients.
- We have airway management methods, including intubation boxes and negative pressure rooms, to limit particles from spreading.
- We emphasize excellent communication with our EMS providers to know when we are receiving a potentially infected patient.
- We have great teamwork within our staff and take time to prepare a care plan for each patient.
- Hand washing hygiene is of the utmost importance, and we practice it diligently.
- We use evidence-based medicine plans to provide excellent care for our patients
- Our hospital has a weekly meeting to ensure that we are using up-to-date, best practice approaches as care for our patients.
- Receiving medical care sooner in an emergency makes a lasting difference. Should you or a loved one have an emergency, rest assured that Texas Health Huguley is ready to safely care for you.
Feel confident that our special measures and safety protocols are in place to heal you while protecting you, too.